Planting & Harvesting Plan
I've never really done much gardening, but since I will have my own garden soon, I want to start growing some of my own fruit and vegetables. To do this, I need to find out when to plant and harvest each plant. This is mostly for personal reference.
- Lettuce and Rocket can be sown all year round and harvested whenever ready.
- Tomatoes should be planted late April for harvesting between August and October. The seeds should sown 6 to 8 weeks before planting, probably indoors, so late February.
- Strawberries should be sown indoors late January and transferred outdoors in April. They should be ready to harvest in June.
- Onions should be planted late February and will be ready to harvest between July and August.
- Pumpkin seeds can be sown indoors from April to May and transferred outdoors (gradually apparently, over the course of a week) once there is no risk of frost.
- Potatoes can be planted most of the year, depending on their type. They are ready to harvest when the leaves begin to yellow.
- Broad Beans directly sow in a sunny location in under cloches (teeny baby greenhouses) in February. Beans should be ready to harvest around August.