Today marks the day that I deleted Facebook. I think I have had an account for over eight years so it'll will feel a bit unusual for a short while I suppose.
- Felt like I was being over-exploited. I share a lot of stuff on my website and am generally quite open, but this was too much.
- Too many people adding me from years ago, people I wouldn't even talk to in the street. I have always kept my friend count low. I think it was at 95 when I deleted it.
- Too much old stuff. There were photos of me from when I was 16.
- Information overload. I don't need to absorb this persistent stream of news.
- I would rather stay in touch using more personal methods, such as phone calls and emails.
I have a bit of muscle memory that seems to open Facebook for me without noticing but eventually this will pass. It hasn't been long but I am not missing it so far.