My Stew - Recipe
As usual I wing it, but this is what I put in it so I can make it again. It turned out really nicely.
- handful of pinto and black eyed beans, left to soak for 12 hours
- tin of peeled tomatoes
- a leek
- bit of butter
- diced beef
- handful of lentils
- two vegetable stock cubes
- about a mug of boiled water
- couple of potatoes
- lightly fry the beef on a high temperature to lock in flavour, i added quite a bit of pepper.
- fry chopped up leek in butter
- once soft, add tin of peeled tomatoes and the beef
- add vegetable stock cubes and leave it for a few minutes
- add beans, lentils, potatoes
- pour in the hot water
- boil hard for 20 minutes to make sure the beans are not going to make you ill
- simmer for 40 minutes or more until everything is soft and delicious.
- add a bit less than a teaspoon of salt
I don't actually know what I am doing but it tastes nice.